OVERCOMING READING CHALLENGES WITH PNT
- How Learning Technics Can Help
- What You Need to Know
- A New Approach with PNT
- Visual Tracking Evaluation
Learning Technics Can Help
Physio-Neuro Therapy (PNT) has consistently proven to help children and adults overcome their reading difficulties. Through the course of four separate studies, our program demonstrated significant results when treating the symptoms associated with dyslexia and other symptoms associated with reading problems.
With a 93% success rate since 1988, in as little as six months’ time, students using Physio-Neuro Therapy displayed two years progress in reading.
Additionally, the academic advancements experienced by students using PNT in a classroom setting were permanent! Students continued to display continual improvements, lasting well into their high school and their college years. Contact us today to learn more about how PNT can help your child overcome their learning disability.
What You Need to Know About Reading Challenges
- Approximately 85% of the children diagnosed with learning difficulties have an underlying problem with reading and comprehension.
- Struggling with reading is not related to intelligence. In fact, most students struggling with reading are of average or above average intelligence.
- Even the most talented, prepared and committed teachers or tutors cannot solve a child’s reading difficulties, if they are using ineffective practices, traditional methods, and standardized curriculum and systems.
- Many factors can cause a student to struggle with reading, including poor perception due to poor eye tracking and poor muscle control.
- Most students’ struggling with reading have a neurological deficiency impacting their ability to learn to read.
- Neurodevelopmental deficiencies won’t go away, but the underlying neurological problem can be corrected by rewiring the brain with Physio-Neuro Therapy (PNT).
- Each student struggling with reading must be taught to perceive and process information correctly, based on their specific needs. Through a customized PNT plan, their adverse symptoms will go away.
A New Approach with Physio-Neuro Therapy
Every one of us can remember a teacher who made a significant impact on our lives in ways far greater than simply “teaching us”. However, there is a general misconception that better teaching will produce better reading. Regardless of how gifted and dedicated teachers, tutors and educators are, better teachers do not always lead to better reading skills.
It’s important for parents to understand that even the most talented, prepared and committed teachers or tutors cannot solve a child’s learning problem(s) if they are using ineffective practices, traditional methods, and standardized curriculum and systems. Children struggling with learning disabilities require education plans customized to their individual needs.
Most students’ struggling with reading have a neurological deficiency impacting their ability to learn to read. For a poor reader to practice reading would be like a poor golfer practicing his bad swing. Without the proper guidance and tools, they will get better and better at doing it wrong. If the underlying problem causing a student to read poorly is not first identified, even the best tutors and educators will simply be teaching a poor reader how to get better at reading the wrong way.
It all boils down to one simple fact: you cannot correct a problem when you only treat the symptom. Many factors can cause a child to struggle with reading. For example, there may be a muscle problem causing poor perception due to poor eye tracking. There may be an inability to rapidly recognize and assemble the letters that form longer words. There could be one underlying problem or several underlying problems causing your child to struggle with reading comprehension.
At Learning Technics, we understand that you cannot correct a problem simply by treating the symptom! Each student struggling with reading must be taught to perceive and process information correctly, based on their specific needs. When this happens, the adverse symptoms will go away. Physio-Neuro Therapy offers a new approach to overcoming the struggles reading struggles once and for all.
Reading Fluency Self-Evaluation
Poor visual tracking is one of the leading causes for individuals struggling with reading. The good news is that poor visual tracking can be corrected by doing visual tracking exercises.
Are you concerned your child may be struggling with a learning disability that is impacting their reading comprehension? Complete the following exercise to see if your child has problems following the words from line to line.
Have someone hold two pencils 18 inches from your child’s face and 12 inches apart. Make sure the pencils are centered on the face with the erasers held at eye level.
Have your child focus on one eraser then move their eyes smoothly to the other while holding their head stationary. Continue moving their eyes from eraser to erase for 10 seconds, with their eyes focusing briefly on each eraser.
As your child completes this exercise, watch to see if their eyes drop, overshoot (moving beyond the target) or hesitate during their eye movements. Any of these problems may indicate poor visual tracking.
Adults completing this exercise should be able to make 22-23 clean, rhythmic movements in 10 seconds. Children ages 9-11 completing this exercise should be able to make 18-19 smooth, rhythmic movements in 10 seconds. Children ages 6-8 completing this exercise should make 14-15 smooth movements.